Content: Straw bale construction and building physics – thermal insulation and heat storage, cold bridges, wind and air tightness, humidity, sound insulation, fire protection, healthy indoor climate and energy efficiency (building standard, energy certificate) are the topics of this unit. We show how all these physical challenges can be solved in straw bale construction.
- explain the basics of building physics: Heat, moisture, sound, fire, health & indoor climate.
- Design buildings with low thermal bridging
- construct airtight details and detect air leaks
- calculate the thermal insulation resistance (R-value, U-value) of building elements with online tools
- select suitable materials for constructions
- protect straw bales from water, moisture and fire
- help building families and planners to reduce the ecological footprint of a building
STEP CERTIFIED: online course + 5 days Zoom workshop + 1 Zoom webinar, single price: € 480 / € 360 for students and unemployed people
Your advantage as couple/friends: the second person pays the reduced price!
10% discount with asbn membership
Click here to register for the STEP-Training